Graphic Designer (Temp To Hire)
This position will remain open until filled
Graphic Designer will perform and execute a variety of procedures and techniques to produce web and print marketing materials, including a large-scale print catalog. The Graphic Designer is expected to creatively work within an established brand guide, and be able to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and maintain updates for web content and graphics
- Works with Art Director to produce annual catalog and twice yearly print newsletters
- Work with both web and print layouts and prepare files for production for a variety of different types of media
- Work with senior graphic designer and senior web developer to ensure consistency in brand and style guidelines across all media
- Listen to direction and ask necessary questions to clearly understand the required task
- Assist in the development of efficient processes and procedures to improve and increase production flow
- Work with a team to handle large scale web production, with a focus on detail and organization
- Coordinates with Product Marketing for graphic design production work including product labels, and other miscellaneous projects
- Develop and deploy email campaigns
- Assists with various photography projects including product photography, event photography, and Photoshop work
- Edits product photography according to the process and quality set by Product Marketing Supervisor
- Maintains Bonsai database of photography
- Strong, modern graphic design knowledge/skill
- Basic knowledge and usage of HTML
- Proficiency in preparing print materials utilizing Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to manage deadlines and production scheduling on numerous, concurrent projects
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, organization, and follow-through skills
- Excellent visual design skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to explain the strategy and rationale behind presented visual solutions, as well as designing to established business goals
- Must be able to design to an established brand guide
- Respectfully takes direction from senior web developer, supervisor, and manager
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation, and is also able to work independently.
- Highly skilled at working under pressure, with interruptions, to meet established deadlines
- Able to build and maintain good relationships with customers, the marketing team, product owners, and product managers
- Maintains a positive and team-oriented environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Background knowledge in principles of design (e.g. layout, typography, color, balance, composition)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Experience preparing images for the web
- Working knowledge of Vernier Software & Technology sensors, interfaces, software, and curricula
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or fine arts, and 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced experience with DSLR cameras and lenses
- Advanced Photoshop experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations with other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to discern color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, typical of an open-cubicle environment.